Guns of the Fallen
Welcome to Guns of the Fallen be sure to register on the forums and post and application in the new members section any questions feel free to pm mizzou or gudy
Guns of the Fallen
Welcome to Guns of the Fallen be sure to register on the forums and post and application in the new members section any questions feel free to pm mizzou or gudy
Guns of the Fallen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Guns Of The Fallen...Has Been Closed If you want Ace has made a site EliteGamingCrew.org Elitegamingcrew.org

MW2 Map Pack info leaked

Go down 
+4
krazykiller416
Gudyleila
bklynguy93
MrGibbins
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MrGibbins
PS3 Div. Captain
PS3 Div. Captain
MrGibbins

MW2 Map Pack info leaked Empty
PostSubject: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:57 am

I don't know who the crazy cats at The Tech Game are or how they got a hold of what looks to be the first Modern Warfare 2 map pack. But they did, and Activision has proceeded to yank their original video of the "Stimulus Package" add-on, making us think it's probably legit.
Luckily, at the time of writing, there was a backup video on Vimeo. The maps shown are Crash, Overgrown, Complex, Compact, and Storm. Infinity Ward really nailed a lot of the original maps in Call of Duty 4, so it makes sense that we would see a few of them resurface as downloadable content in Modern Warfare 2.

source

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well to be honest i'm actually disappointed that they reused old CoD4 maps. it just feels really half MW2 Map Pack info leaked 617527 ed to me.

btw, its is possible these are fake. we will have to wait and see for more information.
Back to top Go down
bklynguy93
PS3 Div. Sergeant Major
PS3 Div. Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:32 pm

I agree with ya Gibb's about reusing old maps and I happen to like those maps too.
Dont know how legit it is seeing as the video was really a screen shot slide show and not actual game play footage.
But then again as mentioned Activision had the video pulled so who knows.
I'm so confused my head hurts LOL
Back to top Go down
Gudyleila
Clan Co-Leader
Clan Co-Leader
Gudyleila

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:48 pm

OMG are you guys kidding me? CoD 4 maps were MUCH better than MW 2 maps... I wisha they released a map pack with ALL the old CoD 4 maps... Those maps were awesome...
I really wanted Overgrown (hope thats true), Pipeline, Bloc and Downpour... The others were very good too, but the ghillie ones were the best =D
Oh man, if a map pack of all old maps AND weapons was available, I would move to US and get it. Thats for sure... M40A3 once more... what a dream =P
Back to top Go down
krazykiller416
PS3 Div. Lieutenant
PS3 Div. Lieutenant
krazykiller416

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah, the M40A3 was the best... I would definitely get a map pack with the cod4 maps, they are awesome. Well, we have to wait and see when there will be a true announcement of a map pack. Maybe there won't be any cod4 maps, who knows.
Back to top Go down
MrGibbins
PS3 Div. Captain
PS3 Div. Captain
MrGibbins

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:38 pm

yeah the maps were nice but why not just play cod4 then. you would really pay $10 for maps you already own. i would much rather put in cod4 and use my m40 (not to mention lag free for the most part when compared to mw2). i just feel like its a cop out. if they are planing to just release old maps there is little to no real work (everything is already made, its a port) so this could have been release long ago.

wow activision moves quick when it doesn't come to fixes or game production lol. i was able to watch this and now its gone. well for those that missed the chance to see it, like bklyn said it was a screen cap montage of the maps from different areas in the maps. mostly it was shots of crash. all of the shots were from CTF if i remember correctly. said images were screen caps from the pc so really its not hard to photoshop that stuff.....so again we will have to wait. activision pulling the video could be a good sigh that it is real......if you can call that good haha.
Back to top Go down
slimlacy
GFX Unit Member
GFX Unit Member

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:01 pm

i agree with Gibbs, a bit of a ripoff we have to pay for them porting maps o_O
they already made them and got cash of it once, a bit gay if they just get it to another game and wants more cash for the maps only xD
Back to top Go down
lilplaya20
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
lilplaya20

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:33 pm

they do have to go in add things there is new game modes too and theres another map pack comeing out iw has to make 2 map packs its in there contract i think there going 2 new maps 2 cod4 maps new game mode for both map packs
Back to top Go down
ocelot
Admin
Admin
ocelot

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 4:22 am

im with gibbs but complex looks good
Back to top Go down
MrGibbins
PS3 Div. Captain
PS3 Div. Captain
MrGibbins

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:26 am

yeah the other 2 look good but they seem like modified versions of cod4 maps too lol.....it reminds me a lot of pipe line.
Back to top Go down
Gudyleila
Clan Co-Leader
Clan Co-Leader
Gudyleila

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Pipeline was BEAST... Might be my fav map... Not sure if its Overgrown or Pipeline... Anyways, that map was SICK =D
And yeah, I see you point, bout getting the same stuff again... But MW 2 stuff on CoD 4 maps would be SOOOOO sweet lol Imagine a chopper gunner on Overgrown... r***, cause all houses are made of wood lol and the open area is gigantic... Same goes to Showdown, Wet Work, Creek... PWNAGE haha
Back to top Go down
MrGibbins
PS3 Div. Captain
PS3 Div. Captain
MrGibbins

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:39 pm

wet work.....terrible map haha. too bad the last time i played cod4 it was dominated by the japanese gamers.....talk about getting r***ed a lot.....it was on wet work too. why i feel its a terrible map. well nade spam frag fest.....and annoying MW2 Map Pack info leaked 617527 snipers haha. there are some cod4 maps i really miss though but they didn't make the pack at all.
Back to top Go down
Fluffypants
PS3 Div. Sergeant
PS3 Div. Sergeant
Fluffypants

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm

They reuse their old maps a lot... Wasteland is basically just a re-skinning of Brecourt from the original Call of Duty (a great map), and Chinatown (I think that's what it's called, I didn't get the CoD4 DLC) from CoD4 is just a basic reskinning of Carentan from the original Call of Duty (also a great map).

I want to see a re-skinning of Rhineland! ^.^
It was a really gigantic, expansive map with several small building areas and an enterable castle at the top from the original CoD. The new CoD maps are too small... I've always been a fan of the larger maps.

...Maybe a re-skinning of Foy too, pleez Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MW2 Map Pack info leaked   MW2 Map Pack info leaked Empty

Back to top Go down

MW2 Map Pack info leaked
Page 1 of 1